Long term bookings are applicable to those staying at St. John’s Institute for longer than 4 months.
SJI offers an affordable housing option in a desirable location. Close to shopping centres, restaurants, and public transit, SJI is a place to call home when you’re away from home! Renovated in 2011, the condo-style residence features:
- all the convenience and comforts of home – bachelor, 2-, 3- and 4-bedroom fully-furnished suites with bathrooms and kitchens (fridge, stove-top, microwave) in every suite
- the privacy of condo living (every 2-, 3-, and 4-bedroom suite features private, lockable bedrooms)
- the most value for your money (including residence life activities, games room, fitness room)
- home-cooked meals: 3 meals/day on weekdays; brunch and supper on weekends and holidays
- the best location in Edmonton – right in the heart of the University district and 10 minutes (across the river) from MacEwan University and all downtown post-secondary and other academic institutions
- the safety and security of on-site maintenance personnel and building management
- residence life activities, events and programs to suit almost every taste and interest
- AND the heart and soul of Alberta’s community-minded, nation-building, ground breaking, trail blazing Ukrainian pioneers!
Full room and board packages at exceptional rates!
Rates (Monthly) – Package Pricing Only
Room and Board Package: $1255/month**
Room, Furnishings and Amenities Package (no meals): $1075/month**
Room and Board Package: $1060/resident/month**
Room, Furnishings and Amenities Package (no meals): $875/resident/month**
Room and Board Package: $1020/resident/month**
Room, Furnishings and Amenities Package (no meals): $800/resident/month**
Room and Board Package: $975/resident/month**
Room, Furnishings and Amenities Package (no meals): $765/resident/month**
Click here for a printable version of our Long Term accommodation rates.
NOTE: All residents must pay Facility and Residence Life fees of $70 per month in addition to the monthly package room rate.
What is included in your monthly room and board package?
All Room and Board packages include the following:
- Home-cooked meals you’ll want to come home to, served three times/day on weekdays, twice/day on weekends; convenient meal times; take-out and other arrangements for special schedules and circumstances
- Private, lockable bedrooms (except bachelor suite) featuring:
- One twin (single) bed in each bedroom (with storage drawers underneath the bed, in the headboard, and in the footboard
- Bed bug cover
- Mattress cover
- Chest of drawers
- Full-length mirror
- Study desk w/ chair in each bedroom
- Capability for high-speed internet (no cables provided)
- Full bathrooms (bathtub, shower, sink, toilet, ceramic floors, mirrors) in each suite (4-bdrm suites have 2 full bathrooms)
- Comfortably furnished living space for relaxing, including:
- 3-seat sofa (note: bachelor suites have a comfy easy chair)
- Ottoman with storage space
- Self-contained kitchen and dining area in each suite, including:
- upper and lower cabinets and storage drawers,
- cook-top and hood fan
- glass top dining table w/ chairs (smaller suites have two chairs, larger suites have 4 chairs)
- Study-conducive, privacy roller blinds in all rooms
- Waste baskets (bathroom and kitchen)
What is included in your room, furnishings, and amenities package?
Everything that is listed in the Room and Board Package, except for meals. Please note that you are welcome to purchase Multi-Pack Meal Cards at the office. These cards give you great value per meal, with 10-, 20- and 30-meal options at prices as low as $9/meal!
Additional Mandatory Fees
All fees are per resident unless otherwise stated.
Security Deposit – $750/resident (one-time fee)
Facility & Residence Life Fee – $70/month
Other Fees as Applicable
Installment Payment Plan – $100 per deferred payment (except 12-month lease)
Early move-in (pro-rated to monthly amount for long-term guests only)
Improper checkout – $100 (without completing move-out inspection, returning keys)
Late payment penalty – $10/day for every day after payment is due
Lock change – $120 ($35 for metal suite/room key replacement)
Lockout charge – $25 per occurrence
NSF (declined payment) fee – $40
Parking – $90/month (limited stalls available)
Replacement of Electronic Swipe Key Card – $45
Extraordinary cleaning/maintenance on move-out: $100+ (depending upon extent of cleaning required)
Room change fee (subject to approval) – $100
Summer storage (for returning students) – $250
Laundry – Coin-operated washers and dryers: $1.50/wash, $1.50/dry
Multi-Pack Meal Cards
Single meal ticket: $13.00
Pack of 10: $120.00 ($12/each)
Pack of 20: $200.00 ($10/each)
Pack of 30: $270.00 ($9/each)
Inquire at the office for purchase.